Thursday, February 24, 2011

Zoo Day!

Avery's school was closed for President's Day, and I had the day off, so thanks to dead Presidents and beautiful weather, Avery and I hit the zoo on Monday!  Anna went to school since she hasn't been the happiest little traveler lately. :)  We met Avery's friend, Lily (who Avery kept referring to as Kate since she looks a lot like her cousin, Kate!), and the girls were beyond excited! 

Not a great picture, but she was READY see some animals:




Avery really wanted to see the tigers, and of course that would be the one animal that we didn't get to see while we were there. The girls did love the monkeys though, and we spent a lot of time here!




Lily actually liked the monkey statue more than the live monkeys, so we stopped for a photo op:



I'm not sure what we were looking at here, but I love the
"no climbing on the rails" sign pictured next
to Avery.  We always follow the rules at the zoo:


After lunch, the girls decided that they wanted to ride the carousel.  I decided to ride with them, and sadly Jena's iPhone could not get a good picture, but TRUST me, it was a highlight.  You could not wipe the smiles off of their faces! We visited a few more animals until Avery's legs started to get "busy"... I have no idea where this came from, but it cracks me up every time she says it.  "Mama, can you please hold me?  My legs are wery (very) busy..."  

Here are the "busy" girls resting up below:


We got the girls off the bench by promising them a train ride before we left. Sadly we didn't get a train picture either, but the girls loved it. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment