Thursday, February 17, 2011

Renovation Realities, Part I: No Turning Back

For 2 years we've been talking about renovating our kitchen, and FINALLY we are going through with it! I am completely in denial about what this means for the next 4-6 weeks, but for now, I'm super excited.:)  Demo began on Tuesday, so we had to clean out the cabinets and relocate the contents... to our dining room. Please excuse all the booze at the forefront of this picture.  We really aren't heavy drinkers; however, we may all be hitting the bottle before this is over with!


This bad boy is full now...

Our new little makeshift kitchen.
Seriously, what were we thinking?

This would be the first thing you now see when you walk in
my back door. So, about that booze... 

We walked inside and caught a glimpse of, well... nothing!
Goodbye ugly cabinets, countertops and backsplash!!

Hello holes in my walls...

God bless our contractor for leaving my sink and oven in tact
though. He has little ones too, so thankfully he "gets it"! :)

Pray for us people!  We need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment