Tuesday, June 29, 2010

When the Cat’s Away…

Recently Avery has started fighting taking her naps, and when I say fighting, I mean, not napping at all. This weekend, she went to her room for some “quiet time”… I told her that she had to stay in her bed with the lights off. She didn’t have to fall asleep, but she had to rest. Of course 5 minutes after I left, her light was on, and she was in her floor playing. And because mommy really wanted a nap, she didn’t fight back. I let her play… and play she did…

Later that evening, I caught a glimpse of something in the toilet… after looking closely; it was her purple dress… the purple dress she had on when she was supposed to be napping.

Mommy: “Avery, did you put your dress in the toilet?”

Avery: “Yea, but it didn’t go down the drain. It’s too big."

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . Makes you wonder what else might have gone down the "drain" first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! The purple dress she wanted to make sparkly?! I guess she decided to go a different direction!

    ReplyDelete