Friday, December 9, 2011

Turkey Tango

This is the first year that Avery is taking tap, and she loves it! It’s no surprise that I love to watch her dance, and it is absolutely impossible for me to NOT tear up when I’m watching her. It brings back so many memories for me and it makes me realize how far my shy little girl has come! 

Just before Thanksgiving each year, we all gather to watch her class perform. Ryan and I were both able to go this year, and even though Avery specifically asked me NOT to bring Anna (“because her is going to trip me while I’m dancing”) – I brought her anyway.  Thankfully, Anna behaved.  Well, for the most part...

Here she is - ready to tap!

Now onto ballet for the “Turkey Tango”… 

Haha – check out that face.  We heard lots of “stop LOOOOOOKING at me!”, but we didn’t listen. :)

Check out that arabesque...

Stellar first position:

Avery and her buddy, Eliza.  So fun that they are in the same dance class this year!

Proof that Anna was there, and for the record, she did not trip Avery.  Or anyone else.

After dance, we headed to Market Street for the Annual Tree Lighting.  It was a chilly night – perfect for sipping hot cocoa!

We had a picnic dinner, danced along with the band and decorated luminaries. This pic was taken just before the tree lights came on and the snow started falling!  Such a great night with such great friends…
(Isabelle, Kate, Avery & Eliza) 

No comments:

Post a Comment