Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yee to the Haw!


The Mr. and I took Monday off to head down to the rodeo with the girls.  YaYa & Boompa came down to celebrate Daddy's birthday (Happy Birthday Dear) and head to the rodeo with us!

If I could have figured out how to post Avery's video singing "Happy Birthday" to her Daddy then I would have, but you'll just have to take my word for it that it was super sweet.  

Avery & YaYa making Daddy's birthday cake

Ok - now off to the rodeo...  At first we did not think the weather was going to cooperate, but poor Avery had been talking about going to the "radio" for weeks!  Thankfully the weather cleared up, so we headed into town!

First stop - the petting zoo!

Avery loved it...

Anna loved pointing at the animals but wanted
nothing to do with actually touching them...

Then it was time for some pony rides...  First up - Anna!  I really didn't think that she would even sit on the horse, but she did, so we went for it.

She maintained a death grib on my thumb...
 

And then came this... most people thought she was
waving, but that, my friends would be
sign language for "all done".
As in, ALL DONE WITH THIS HORSE.

Seriously, mom, I'm all done.  Are you not understanding me?  
I. WANT. OFF.

And then came Avery...

She was a natural!  You could not wipe that smile off of her face!

We saw cows...

Chickens...

And we even witnessed a few births!  Baby pigs, a calf, and we even saw some chickens hatching! Boompa thought all of the birthing could raise some "questions", so we were outta there pretty quickly. :)

Time for "Fun on the Farm"!

Anna enjoyed collecting all of the produce, and thankfully all of the volunteers let her take LOTS more than one of each. :)






Checking out her produce before she "sells" it at the Farmer's Market!

Last stop - the carnival!  

I have never heard my child giggle and squeal like she did on this ride!

Anna didn't enjoy it quite as much as her sister...


Avery & YaYa on the carousel

And the grand finale...
Avery and Mommy on the "Karris" Wheel! 

Such a fun day...we're already looking forward to next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment