Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ONE!



My BABY is ONE… and my heart HURTS!! I cannot believe this past year has FLOWN by so quickly. I remember vividly – one year ago (yesterday) standing at my bathroom sink and “thinking” my water broke. Your daddy forced me to go to the hospital, and thankfully he did! The next day, it took a few drugs to get labor underway, but once you were encouraged, it didn't take you long to show us your perfect little self!!

Last year was a really tough year … my mom (your Nini) passed away in February, my Grandma in July, and my Aunt Kathy in November. I was so ready for last year to just be over, but YOU, little miss, had other plans. God knew that the first Christmas without my mom was going to be hard, and so He, with his perfect timing was not going to let that happen. He was determined to end 2009 on a good note, and to say that you were a “good” ending to the year would be an understatement. Thankfully last Christmas was not a sad one because I had you, the very best Christmas gift I could ever hope to receive. You made me thankful, hopeful, peaceful and overjoyed for the first time all year long. On Monday, December 21st at 2:16 pm, 3 weeks early, you entered the world and changed our lives forever. I have cherished every moment with you as a baby, so if you're ok with it, then I'm going to go ahead and put a brick on your head to keep you a baby for just a little bit longer. :)

Love you baby girl,
Mommy :)

Here are a few of my favorites over the past year:

- You have been such an easy baby, so content with whatever is going on and so happy to be wherever you are.

- I love it when I wake you up in the mornings… You perk up quickly but will usually lay your head down on my shoulder for a minute. I pat your back, and you pat my shoulder – it is my FAVORITE!

- I love when you see me across the room, and you crawl right up in my lap for a quick little cuddle before you are off again.

- You are my adventurous one. You like to stand up in your high chair, and daddy caught you swinging from the oven door!

- You have started REALLY splashing in the tub!

- You are standing on your own for long periods of time, and you are starting to walk behind push toys.

- You have started yelling to voice your dissatisfaction... and it's usually at dinner time or when I leave the room.

- You have 8 teeth, and you are still a good little eater. You are starting to like your veggies less and less though. :(

Happy FIRST Birthday Sweet Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment